Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 1999 22:01:51 -0600
From:      charon@freethought.org
To:        PMontgo913@aol.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptop Mouse

At 07:07 PM 12/1/99 EST, PMontgo913@aol.com wrote:
>I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 410CS with the built in mouse in the keyboard
>and am unable to get FreeBSD 2.2.5 to recognize it.  I have tried to rebuild
>the kernel with ps/2 support, but the mouse is still not recognized.  I have
>everything else working except for X Windows due to the mouse.  Could you
>please provide some suggestions on how to get around this issue without
>having to buy an external mouse, since that defeats the purpose of having a
>laptop.

Hopefully someone will have a better suggestion than this, but...

I also have a laptop with an internal ps/2.  It works fine under 3-STABLE
and 4-CURRENT, but I've had it working under XWindows since I got the
laptop, 2.2.6-R, I believe (perhaps 2.2.7-R).  If support is the problem,
then upgrading to 2.2.8 would solve the problem (if you want to stick on
the 2.x branch).

If there's another problem, more details about it would help.  How did you
try to setup the mouse?  (I use always sysinstall to get /dev/psm0 working.)

-Charon