Date:      Sun, 06 Feb 2011 21:17:35 -0600
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 8.2 prerelease, virtualbox, and windows guests that freeze...

--------------enigDF4A37DC4BE4379CB0F443B4

On 02/06/2011 11:35, Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org> w=
rote:
>=20
>> What else could I provide that might allow someone to point me in the
>> right direction here?
>>
>=20
> You can try recompiling virtualbox with debug options and see if it spi=
ts
> out any pertinent messages.  I have no problems with Windows guests on =
VDI,
> ZVOL, raw file, or raw partitions.  Vbox also logs data per VM, you can=

> check that.

Logs might be nice.  Where would I find these.  Or are they only present
with debug builds (which I am building now)

>=20
> Another possibility is that you have mismatched versions of guest
> additions.  If that were the problem, it would show up in the Vbox logs=
=2E

I thought of that... even though vbox does not complain of a mismatch, I
went ahead and removed them from a machine and added them back in from
my FreeBSD host.  No improvement unfortunately.

>=20
>=20

--=20
Regards,