Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:28:32 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI error

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Doug White wrote:

>> What does this mean :
>> aha0: Invalid bus phase/sequence
>>
>> It occurs on a 1542 ISA card in a PCI-based machine.
>
>The SCSI bus is getting out of sync.  I'd suspect termination or a badly
>behaving device.

Well, reseated the SCSI card, pushed the cable firmly into the drives
and checked the PSU, and looks like it's working again.

Thanks!

---
Khetan Gajjar (!kg1779)   khetan@iafrica.com (w); khetan@os.org.za (h)
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  | Finger: khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
UUNET Internet Africa Support | FreeBSD enthusiast-www2.za.freebsd.org
A computer without Microsoft and Intel is like chocolate cake without
tomato sauce and mustard