Date:      Sat, 10 May 2008 08:45:30 +0000
From:      Long Story <dead_line@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   advice needed regarding OS & Hardware.

Hello Gurus,
=20
    Since few years back and im on FBSD 4.8-R for commercial use.
    Its time to move on.
=20
    I have two Questions, and kindly looking for answers, specialy that hos=
ting company
    contract is (NO support for FreeBSd), So i have to becareful again, jus=
t like what I did
    to the 4.8-R
=20
    For a commercial use server
    1) Which version do you recommend, shall I go for 7.0-R ?
        or 6.3-R.
=20
    2) Hosting company hardware is
   * Single Intel E6300 CORE 2 DUO 1.86Ghz /1066MHz FSB /2MB L2 Cache    * =
2GB DDR2 RAM    * 2x 250GB/7200 RPM Serial ATA Drives - Hot Swap; RAID1    =
* 3Ware 8006-2LP SATA RAID Controller    * 2 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports=20
=20
    Any of the above parts incompatabile with FreeBSD, or it has any bug ?
    do you recommend something else?
=20
    They didnot mention the brand of ethernet ports, from my experince I wi=
ll go for
     Linksys, any better recomendations ?
=20
=20
   THANKS ALOT.
   Marwan Sultan.
Get Free (PRODUCT) RED=99  Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics.
http://joinred.spaces.live.com?ocid=3DTXT_HMTG_prodredemoticons_052008=