Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 19:59:24 -0400
From:      "James A Halstead ;001;icsg3;" <jah4007@cs.rit.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   3 odd problems with a 4.5-release-p2 box

I have been getting complaints from somebody that runs a box I help out with.

First, people seem to be getting left behind in the utmp file on occasion.
It seems all their process are gone, but they show up in who and w ;p I have
never seen this before on any other boxes I run though.

The other thing that seems to happen a lot is that when people are telnet'd
or ssh'd in (from both windows and linux clients) they quit (read: close
terminal without logging out) and process don't die. vi sessions get left
open and builds continue almost as if they are nohup'd (which they are not).

Finally I get a lot of arp host not on local network. The address are address
in the ip range owned by the college, might have something more to do with
their silly network configuration though.

Sorry for lack of more info, but just wanted to see if people had suggestions
for things to check. I have also heard reports of some people having their
telnet/ssh session just hang up on them, but other then the arp thing I have
had none of these problems personally (on the boxes in question or any other
boxen.)

Thanks,
James