Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:55:34 +0700
From:      John Francis Lee <jfl@robinlea.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [Fwd: about vbox and freebsd]

--------------090806060609090409000107

I got an answer to my question, posted here, from ... but I've been
instructed not to post to individuals but to the list so I copy the
Mak's response here :

<snip>
Your CPU is 64-bit from what I can see. From a bit of Googling, others
have encountered this problem, and it seems to have to do with VM-X. I
have no idea what that is, but a thread in which someone has a very
similar issue is here:

   http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19420

One notable quote is:

   ...[the CPU] does not have Intel VT (hardware virtualization), so you
will not be able to run 64 bit guests in Virtualbox even though you run
a 64 bit host.

HTH
</snip>

So, OK. I cannot have 64 bit guests using virtual box.

I have installed the 32 bit version of FreeBSD... but it has no X and
apparently no networking because the ftp from pkg_add failed.

Did I do something wrong in the install, or do I really have to
configure all that stuff by hand?

Thanks for your help.

--
John Francis Lee