Date:      Wed, 8 May 2013 09:56:19 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg-server-1.7.7_6,1 crashes (from ports head)

El día Tuesday, May 07, 2013 a las 02:45:39PM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> xorg-server-1.7.7_6,1 X.Org X server and related programs
>
> all ports are from r315646 (1st of April);
>
> I randomly face X11 crashes with the following symtoms:
>
> - the display is filled with some colored pattern
>
> - X11 seems to be still running, because I can switch with Ctrl-Alt-F1
>   to the console where "startx" was launched; and Alt+F9 brings back to
>   the unuseable display;

Hello,

Until know the reaction in our mailing list is easy to count: zero :-(

Please be kind and give me some hints about best options I have:

- Do we have another Xserver in the ports to try?
- Should I post a bug report in our Gnats?
- Should I go to the lists.x.org?
- Any options of the Xorg server to test or to get debug messages of the
  crash?
- Anything else?

I have already ordered a new 2 GByte ddr2 RAM to change the memory, but
as well it could be the video card or anthing else...

Thanks

	matthias

--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: guru@unixarea.de     |  - Never being an iSlave
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments, no HTML/RTF in E-mail
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards