Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 08:32:05 -0500
From:      Alan Edmonds <alan.edmonds@sterling.com>
To:        Andy Georges <ageorges@twizors.rug.ac.be>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-4.0 and Parallel Port Zip 100 Drive (fwd)

I tried a parallel zip drive on a Dell Latitude CP (older model).
The BIOS only lists Disabled, BiDirectional, and EPP mode.  The
kernel found the port, but I got a bunch of vp0: timeout messages
later during the boot.

Could zip drive failures be related to not having a SCSI
controller?  The zip drive works fine in my other machine
(that has a SCSI controller).

--
Alan Edmonds, KB5ZUY               Sterling Software
                                   M/S 132