Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:57:46 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Jim Stapleton <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: creating rc.d scripts

On Mar 21, 2007, at 10:52 AM, Jim Stapleton wrote:
> I created a script in my /usr/local/etc/rc.d directory, but for some
> reason it doesn't auto start when I start my machine. I added entries
> to the rc.conf that I thought should work, but they did not. On a
> related not, my rc.conf file doesn't seem to disable autostart of
> sendmail. Could anyone advise me?

Your rc script is probably not working because it might not find
python under /usr/local/bin unless you explicitly set $PATH to
include that directory.

Secondly, you want to use sendmail_enable="NONE" rather than "NO" if
you want to completely disable all of sendmail.  Setting it to "NO"
means that there is no sendmail daemon listening on port 25, but
there will still be a local client mqueue runner spawned to handle
local deliveries.

--
-Chuck