Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:41:52 +0100
From:      "marco\.borsatino\@poste\.it" <marco.borsatino@poste.it>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   using ntfs-3g

Hi all.
I'm trying to use ntfs-3g driver on FreeBsd 7.1.
After installing the precompiled package, I try to mount a
NTFS volume. The syntax seems to be quite simple, but I fail.
First attempt:
mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/ad0s3 /mnt/dati_vista/
mount: /dev/ad0s3 : Operation not supported by device

Second attempt:
ntfs-3g /dev/ad0s3 /mnt/dati_vista/
fuse: failed to open fuse device: No such file or directory

The same volume mounted with the standard command:
# mount_ntfs /dev/ad0s3 /mnt/dati_vista
[root@odino ~]# mount
/dev/ad8s2a on / (ufs, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
/dev/ad8s2d on /usr (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad8s1 on /mnt/win_xp (ntfs, local, read-only)
/dev/ad8s3 on /mnt/dati_xp (ntfs, local, read-only)
/dev/ad0s3 on /mnt/dati_vista (ntfs, local)

gives me the expected result.
What is my mistake?
Thanks.
Marco Borsatino