Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:38:51 -0800
From:      "Jeff Shevlen" <jshevlen@passedpawn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   OpenSSH upgrade

Hi,

I just updated my ssh to OpenSSH 3.0.2, but I when I connect remotely I see
that FBSD is still using my old version of ssh (2.3.0).  This is also
confirmed by:

# ssh -V
SSH Version OpenSSH_2.3.0 FreeBSD localisations 20010713, protocol versions
1.5/2.0.
Compiled with SSL (0x0090601f).

I used the portupgrade software to manage the move up to v3.0.2, and thought
this would somehow remove the older version but I guess not.  (In hindsight
this may have something to do with the fact that I ran portupgrade via ssh!)
Anyhow, I tried restarting the ssh daemon:

# kill -HUP <sshd-PID>

... but still no love.

What do I need to do to get this to work?

Jeff