Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 2009 01:57:07 -0400
From:      Cameron Jacobson <cameron7@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SSL Acceleration cards

I posted a message about SSL Acceleration cards a while back on one of
the newsgroups, but never got a response.  I'm revisiting this now
that I've got a project in the works that I'd like to utilize this
technology, but still don't think I have the equipment I need.  I
purchased several SSL cards a while back and all of them did quite
well on OpenSSL when I ran the 'speed' utility for Synchronous
algorithms, but it was obvious FreeBSD wasn't utilizing the
Asynchronous functionality of the cards.

Does anyone have recommendations on some relatively inexpensive SSL
Acceleration cards (recommended, preferably where the manufacturer
actually supports the BSD drivers) where FreeBSD can perform with
asynchronous algorithms as well?

Thanks,
Cameron