Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 14:53:58 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, chuckr@mat.net, moore@WOLFENET.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: g++ shared library segfaults

Mea Culpa got a little lost in the meaning of semantics I should have
known better what you meant :(

Reduction or "Beauty" as it is known in certain other fields is different
than brute force methods. Actually, I shouldn't talk down too much
brute force --- just ask the current World Chess champion 8)

Now working smart and choosing your constraints carefully is a different
issue.

At any rate back to work over here , based on the feedback that I gotten
so far I am looking into webtk and amulet -- Now just because I am
looking into those packages does not mean that I am going to use
tcl/tck nor the amulet library -- there is such a thing call abstraction 8)

Not too say that is really the way to go however I am really impress by
webtk --- excellent example of what a poor language can do.

So in one corner we have  webtk with is obvious advantage/disadvantage
and in the opposite corner we have Qt and Amulet. Qt seems easier to use
however it lacks a nice GUI builder what is nice about it is its meta
object interface for tokens "slots" and "signals". Don't know that much
about Amulet yet just got it compile over here so far it looks like
a strong contender not so much for it object oriented interface rather
for its supporting functionality for constraints : gesture recognition,
animation, ability to mimic look/feel for mac/win95/motif. Amulet comes
with a "nice" gui builder -- just try it out over here and it looks
like it can be useful.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio