Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:54:10 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Siddharth Aggarwal <saggarwa@cs.utah.edu>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Finding newly allocated blocks

Hi,

I am writing this pseudo disk driver for FreeBSD and for write operations,
I'd like to distinguish between newly allocated blocks versus overwritten
blocks, because there are different actions I want to take for write
operations involving newly allocated blocks and for write operations
involving previously written blocks. Is it possible to make this
distinction in the strategy routine? I'm not sure if my question is clear,
so I could give more details.

Thanks.