Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 1996 13:02:06 -0500
From:      Chuck Kelly <ckelly@dnaent.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Printer Header (Banner) Pages

When using FreeBSD, I print to an HP Network printer. I cannot seem to
disable the header page that comes out.

Here's my printcap entry:

# Remote Printer Entry
lp|ps|PS|S|hplj4m1|Upstairs LaserJet Spooler:\
:sh:lp=:rm=hplj4m1.dnaent.com:rp=lp:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd

I have the "SH" (Suppress Header) included in the entry. Any ideas? I
found all kinds of documentation on customizing the header page but none
on disabling it.

I don't have this problem when printing to printers physically attached
to a FreeBSD machine.

Thanks,
Chuck

--