Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:24:55 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Scott Thomas <scottie@theblazer.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Star Office 5.2 CD install

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 01:59:13PM -0700, Scott Thomas wrote:
> OK... I have the Staroffice 5.2 CD. I have mounted it to /cdrom. When I go into the staroffice port though, I'm having install probs.
>
> First I did a make WITH_CDROM= /cdrom. I get back `/cdrom' is up to date.
> OK, kewl. So I do a make install WITH_CDROM= /cdrom and get Please mount the Sun StarOffice 5.2 CDROM onto /cdrom and run make again. Error Code 1.
>
> Am I going about this wrong??

Yes, you are leaving a space between the WITH_CDROM= variable name, and
its value.  make(1) thinks that you want to define a variable named WITH_CDROM
as empty, and then you want to 'make' the /cdrom target.  As there are
no rules for building /cdrom, make(1) does not complain.

Try:
  make WITH_CDROM=/cdrom all
and then:
  make WITH_CDROM=/cdrom install

> As a side note, how do I subscribe to this list (yes I'm a newbie), I've always been reading these posts at docs.freebsd.org.

http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL
look at "C.1.2. How to Subscribe"

G'luck,
Peter

--
.siht ekil ti gnidaer eb d'uoy ,werbeH ni erew ecnetnes siht fI