Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 14:37:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      andrew@networkcomputerz.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        andrew@networkcomputerz.com
Subject:   kinit: Principal expired (kerberos)

I just followed the handbook for setting up kerberos and it fails at the "kinit jane" section with the subject error message. How can it be expired - I just created it for passwd, rlogin, and a local username.

My /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/hosts.allow has opened the client side. When I go to open the server side I
cannot find the registerd or the kpasswd programs. It seemed to me like FreeBSD came kerberosIV ready.
Was I completely wrong on this ASS-U-ME(ption)?

PS. I also ran < kill -1 `cat /var/run/inetd.pid` >

Andrew

Andrew T. Otwell, B.B.A.
andrew@networkcomputerz.com
Network Engineer / Web Developer