Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:37:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        yveline josserand <yveline.josserand@sofrecom.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pb with sendmail 8.9.3

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, yveline josserand wrote:
> I have verified that all references to sofrecom.fr in my DNS zone file
> ended by a dot. It was the case. I changed the file /etc/resolv.conf:
>
> 		search localhost.sofrecom.fr

I doubt that this is what you want.  Change it to

    domain sofrecom.fr

[ ... ]

> When I use an inexistent domain in my e-mail heading address
> (yveline.josserand@surfer.sofrecom.fr), I send a message to ping@
> oleane.com, the mail is accepted for delivery. It may be rejected
> with the  following message:
>
> 		sender domain may resolve because surfer doesn't exit

So why do you put a non resolvable domain name in your email??  Many
sites reject mail from unresolvable domains.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com