Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:00:18 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
To:        Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
Cc:        "Jason J. Horton" <jason@intercom.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world question

On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 02:47:27PM -0500, a little birdie told me
that Jeremy Shaffner remarked

> This was something I've thought about myself.  Who else thinks a NO_BIND
> option (like NO_SENDMAIL) might be good in /etc/make.conf (with necessary
> .if's in /usr/src/*/Makefiles)?

I've thought from time to time about a generic solution.
Something like:
DONT_BUILD = usr.sbin/named usr.bin/passwd foo/bar

The code logic, however, has never surfaced in the time my enthusiasm for
the idea lasted.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com