Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 14:12:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Greg Shenaut <greg@bogslab.ucdavis.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   caps-lock/ctrl exchange

This may be a very dumb question, but I haven't been able to find
the answer to it.  I have several computers with the traditional
ctrl-next-to-A layout, and an increasing number with the bogus
but IBM-mandated ctrl-lost-somewhere-down-next-to-the-space-bar
layout, some of which are laptops so that I cannot just use an
alternate keyboard.  There *must* be a way to swap these keys in
a way that will work with the standard console as well as with X
windows.  Could someone please tell me how to do it?  (A compile
time flag would be fine, a sysctl variable even better, an ioctl
on the kbd device would be best.)

-Greg