Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 1997 13:36:14 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   nv and qcam

Anyone having a newer nv and is knowing why I'm getting
Bidirectional port found.  Hack qc_readbyte to use.
Bidirectional port found.  Hack qc_readbyte to use.
Bidirectional port found.  Hack qc_readbyte to use.

with every frame it seems.

I connected my b/w quickcam to another machine and suddenly got this.
Since I'm not at home but at a conference in Berlin presently
it would be nice if I could get some help with this.

I have the impression that I could be faster if the qcam driver used the BIDIR
feature. I can't find a qc_readbyte though. (2.2-RELEASE).

Either qc_readbyte is in nv (from which I don't have the sources. (does
anyone have?) or it once was in qcam.c and has changed - at least the
message I get seems to come out of nv.

--
Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de