Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:57:45 -0700
From:      Cameron Hertel <chertel@cs.uoregon.edu>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   jdk1.5.0 on FreeBSD 4.10 Release: HotSpot Error

--------------010509010902070203060303

Hello. I have been pouring through the archives, and I have seen many
people wit similar problems. However, I have yet to find a solution.

Before anyone suggests it, I cannot upgrade the OS.

I have installed the jdk15 port after much difficulty (I could not
install it in /usr as there is not enough space, so I had to install it
on an nfs mount). Also, I am running the JVM in jail (not sure if that
makes a difference).

Anyway, here is the problem (I have also attached the .log file):

#
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
#  SIGBUS (0xa) at pc=0x2824c449, pid=12534, tid=0x827c400
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0-p1-root_14_aug_2007_20_03
mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [libjvm.so+0x122449]
#

As suggested in other posts, it seems to be a thread issue, as the
application I am trying to run relies heavily on threads. It always
crashes at the same spot.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Cameron