Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:08:34 -0400
From:      Brad Mettee <bmettee@pchotshots.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   clone a drive, no raid involved

I'm setting up a pair of machines with almost identical OS config, and
completely identical hardware. One is a primary DNS server, the other is
secondary. NS1 will also serve web, NS2 will be a mail server. Both are low
volume/loads.

It looks like I can use DD to copy an entire drive, but it's a 500G drive
and that's going to take a really long time (especially since it's brand
new with no data besides base OS).

My question: Is there a better way to duplicate a drive including boot info?

         Brad Mettee
         PC HotShots, Inc.
         Baltimore, MD
         (410) 426-7617

      -> Let us bring out the *Power* of your PCs. <-
-> Custom Business Software Solutions since 1991 <-

visit http://www.pchotshots.com for information about our company.