Date:      Fri, 31 May 2013 10:47:34 -0400
From:      Kostas Oikonomou <k.oikonomou@att.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: idle process keeping cpu 150% busy in  freebsd 9.1-amd64

Thanks very much for the reply.

Being new to FreeBSD, this still seems weird to me.  (My
background is Solaris.)

On both machines, the core that's running at 150% in the
case of the HP machine, and at 400% in the case
of the Dell laptop, is causing the fans to come on.  Would
you call that "idle"?  I'm worried that the cores will
eventually be damaged.

                             Kostas