Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 13:34:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andreas Zymny <anzy@du.gtn.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CD-ROM DRIVE not ready

Hi,

I had built an kernel with support for the amd scsi chipset, and saved it
on the kernel floppy too boot and install FreeBSD 3.1.

The Tekram DC 390 controller is detected by the kernel, and the cd-writer,
the cd-rom, the zip drive and the harddisk are connected too.

But the kernel prints out when detecting the size of the inserted medium,
that the cd-rom drive isn't ready yet, and when I'm ready to install
FreeBSD from cd-rom, the installation program tells me, that there is no
cd-rom found!

Do you have any idea, what I can do, to install FreeBSD from cd-rom?

MfG,

Andreas Zymny
--
DPN Verbund-Zentrale GTN mbH		    fon: +49 203 3093 100
Bismarckstrasse 120			    fax: +49 203 3093 112