Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:23:06 -0500
From:      Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
To:        Jiawei Ye <leafy7382@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/88568: [panic] 6.0-RELEASE install cd does not boot with usb keyboard

Ok,
	I'm making some progress with this. I got 6.2 Beta 2 installed
with the trick in 1. When I tried plugging in the mouse after I was up,
it seemed that some USB ports went away. Not sure what's going on there.
A full power off will probably help that.

	The next thing I did, was try to get my serial ports working.
PCI board from CompUSA. 16550 uarts. The dmesg sees them, but won't
start
them up.

The messages are:

sio0: configured irq 4 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio0: port may not be enabled
sio0: type 8250 or not respondingdmesg
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio1: port may not be enabled

	In Knoppix 5.0, the ports come up and I can 'cat' to and
from them. You can't alter the inittab on the CD, so I couldn't get
a persistent getty on it. I could start a getty, and then when you
try to login it, it kicks out and gives you an error message that
you don't have a proper login process.

	On FreeBSD, try to start a getty on the port and the machine
hangs. Reboot and have it on in ttys, and it hangs. Even doing a
"cat >/dev/ttyd0" makes it hang. I guess that's because it's not
properly
initialized.

	I looked in the BIOS, and there is no place to turn on IRQ scanning.
What is the dmesg trying to tell me?

Paul.