Date:      Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:46:37 +0200
From:      Angelo Turetta <aturetta@bestunion.it>
To:        Lukman Jaji <myloveforyou@loveable.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Barcode help

--------------030308060208080902070709

Lukman Jaji wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    I am sorry i have not been so active for almost a yr now. I need u guys to help me with a little info on barcodes.
>  I have an inventory management software and i need to incorporate a barcode printing capanilities on it. Can i get a code snippet to do this,,,,any of the barcodes types of Code 39, Code 128B, etc.

Here is a small sample using the library iText to produce PDF files
containing barcodes. It's a small quick&dirt program I did when I had to
help my wife printing some sheets full of barcode labels (she owns a
retail shop)
Just unzip in an empty dir, and put itext-1.2.1.jar in the same
directory (if you get a different version, edit build.xml at line 114
accordingly), then 'ant test' should produce a PDF file.

Barcode printers are generally wired via RS232 or USB: you can use them
from a Java program in FreeBSD, but I think you need to find (or write
yourself) a library implementing the specific protocol of your printer.

Angelo.

--------------030308060208080902070709--