Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:01:05 +0900
From:      Sangwoo Shim <ssw@neo.redjade.org>
To:        mailman@freebsd.org
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Someone modifies From: field of mail and send them to lists.

Hello.

Recently I've received couple of "Your message to freebsd-foobar awaits
moderator approval" messages. The lists were freebsd-www, freebsd-newbies,
freebsd-sparc64, and freebsd-test. Surely I didn't send them(spams) to the
lists. It seems that some bad guy modifies its From: header to mine and sent
spams to lists, which is quite annoying. Now I've canceled all the messages
as instruction said.

Actually I didn't unvail my e-mail address except an send-pr some months ago.
I think spammers are collecting emails from pr page and abusing them.
Can the pr pages be modified to convert originators' email like this:
someone@somewhere.com -> someone at somewhere.com ?
I think that will protect originators' mailbox from spammer's bots to some
degree.

Thanks again for all your splendid works. ;-) Bye.