Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 1999 23:46:17 -0800
From:      Richard Kiss <richard@homemail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can't figure out cfs port

I built the cfs port and installed it. I started cfsd, and then did

cmkdir ~/crypt-test

This seemed to work -- created a directory with three tiny files in it.

Then I did

cattach ~/crypt-test test

and entered the same key. No complaints.

But there was no cleartext directory in /crypt (or anywhere else). The port
didn't create /crypt, so I created it myself and repeated. No difference.

I've also tried

# /sbin/mount -o port=3049,intr localhost:/ /crypt
nfs: can't access /: Permission denied

I don't really understand nfs, so the documentation is not completely clear
to me. If it matters, I export all file systems except /.

-- Richard