Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 02:40:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>
Cc:        Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, Joe Shevland <J_Shevland@TurnAround.com.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, "Jordan K.Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Applixware was Re: Detailed info on Fail-safe cluster for Freebsd/unixes

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Ron G. Minnich wrote:

> Sorry to put this on -hackers, but it seems to be stuck here.

ditto.

> Don't assume you can use either of these tools to interoperate with ms
> office. You can't. In terms of how luck you'll be:
> excel: probably works, most of the time
> word: works if it is text only most of the time, fails badly on anything
> useful

Hey, that's OK.  We have an NT machine in the office that we share for
those "killer apps" from Redmond.  Someone has screwed Word7 to the point
that it just displays a bunch of binary garbage where images should be and
occasionaly puts a word or two in different fonts...

I'd try to fix it, but since a reinstall of Word didn't help...  Who
really has a day to waste?

Lesson:  Office sucks.  Office emulators suck when emulating it.  Just be
thankful you have a suite you can run in 'native' mode on your OS of
choice...

Charles