Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:54:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        sobomax@portaone.com (Maxim Sobolev)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Project Evil & ACX100-based cards (D-Link DWL-520+)

> > I can probably get this card to work, but as I told Maxim directly, I
> > refuse to do debugging via e-mail. (I'm sorry, but it's just too goddamn
> > frustrating: what could take me an hour or two to fix on my own can take
> > weeks when I have to give a crash course in network debugging to someone
> > half a planet away.)
>
> Would it help if I'll provide you with root shell and serial console
> access to a well-connected machine with this card and another machine
> with wi(4) chip?
>
> -Maxim

Well, I thought I had a solid offer of a sample D-Link DWL-520+ card,
but it turns out the card was actually a DWL-520 (without the plus),
which uses a RealTek RTL8180 chip (which is already known to work
with the NDISulator).

So, I have to ask again: does anyone have a sample DWL-520+ (note the
plus) or other card based on the _Texas Instruments_ wireless chipset that
they want to donate or loan to Project Evil? If so, the address to
send it to is:

Attn: Bill Paul
Wind River Systems
500 Wind River Way
Alameda, CA. 94501
USA

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (510) 749-2329 | Senior Engineer, Master of Unix-Fu
                 wpaul@windriver.com | Wind River Systems
              <adamw> you're just BEGGING to face the moose