Date:      Thu, 3 Jul 2014 06:47:54 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Security Warning

--Sig_/b0VwMiWIG8UQf1m065/WF+1

On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 11:29:42 +0100, Matthew Seaman stated:

>On 07/03/14 10:57, Jerry wrote:
>> Thu, 3 Jul 2014 05:55:05 -0400
>>=20
>> FreeBSD-10 / amd64
>>=20
>> Every morning I receive a security email with the following notations:
>>=20
>> Checking setuid files and devices:
>> find: /usr/share/groff_font/devX100/CI: Bad file descriptor
>> find: /usr/share/groff_font/devX100/S: Bad file descriptor
>>=20
>> Checking negative group permissions:
>> find: /usr/share/groff_font/devX100/CI: Bad file descriptor
>> find: /usr/share/groff_font/devX100/S: Bad file descriptor
>>=20
>> Is there something seriously wrong here, or can I safely ignore it?
>>=20
>
>What do you see if you try and read the contents of those files?  Smells
>like a filesystem problem to me, in which case you should unmount that
>partition (given it's /usr that implies taking the system down to single
>user mode) and run fsck against it repeatedly until fsck tells you the
>filesystem is clean.
>
>I'm assuming this is a UFS system -- if it's ZFS then none of the above
>applies, but also, you probably wouldn't see an error like that either.
>
>	Cheers,
>
>	Matthew

If I try to read them, I just get: "Bad file descriptor"

Okay, do I restart the system in single user mode and then run: "fsck-f"
until I don't receive any errors,  or do I begin with: "umount -af" first? I
am assuming I do not umount "root" (use the -A flag).

--=20
Jerry