Date:      02 Oct 2002 14:03:48 -0400
From:      Matt Smith <matt@forsetti.com>
To:        MET <met@uberstats.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: JDK13

either add /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/bin/ to your PATH, or simply make
soft-links (or hard links, at your preference):

ln -s /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/bin/java /usr/local/bin/java

HOWEVER, I believe (from my minimal Java experience) that the Java
utilities will look for CLASS_PATHs and other java "Stuff" relative to
location of java binaries.  Executing via link from another location
(like /usr/local/bin) may cause issues.
But again, my Java experience is minimal, and I may be waaay off.
Perhaps someone on this list can clarify?
-Matt