Date:      Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:27:00 +0000
From:      Robin Schoonover <robin.schoonover@gmail.com>
To:        Didier Caamano <nemesisdivina@gennux.ca>
Subject:   Re: Dual booting with Windows XP

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:40:28 -0700 Didier Caamano
<nemesisdivina@gennux.ca> wrote:
> Hello everyone:
>
> This might sound rather foolish, but I need some assistance on how to
> dual boot FBSD 5.3 with WinXP.

It is rather foolish, but like I should talk...I set it up just a few
weeks ago.

First off, I left the FreeBSD boot manager out of the picture. I used
the bootpart utility (http://www.winimage.com/bootpart.htm) to
automagically get my boot.ini set up correctly for the windows boot
loader so that FreeBSD is now listed as an option.

Then I set FreeBSD to be the default and the countdown to 11 seconds
from the original 30. :)

--
Robin Schoonover            <end@endif.cjb.net> <endx7@users.sf.net>
                                   <robin.schoonover@gmail.com>