Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:51:50 -0700
From:      David Schultz <das@freebsd.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: headsup: swap_pager.c

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20030801083628.GB56492@skywalker.creative.net.au>, Adrian Chadd wri
> tes:

> >> 	ccdconfig -c ccd0 128 0 /dev/da0b /dev/da1b /dev/da2b
> >> 	swapon /dev/ccd0
> >
> >.. and if I want to add another swap device, will that work?
>
> Yes, but it will of course not be striped with the rest, it will
> be laid out sequentially.
>
> And as a side effect you will not run into the NSWAP=4 limitation
> any more.

Aah, okay.  That's both a small improvement and a small regression
in one.  The point of the static striping was to allow you to add
swap devices and have them be automatically interleaved, so of
course you can ``fix'' its limitations by removing it completely.

I was kinda hoping you had a more flexible (albeit complex) plan
in mind that would allow swap space to be striped on the fly based
on disk load, free space on each disk, etc.