Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 21:50:04 +1000 (EST)
From:      dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, cckok00@stlinux.ouhk.edu.hk
Subject:   Re: Win on master/BSD on slave?

Sounds like my problems a couple weeks ago :)

OK .... I nearly got to the funnyfarm trying to get PPP working properly before I found a shell script to configure PPP at "ftp://flag.blackened.net" .... still had a few things to sort out after I got it working but they turned out to be trivial in comparison with the problems I'd had previously. My suggestion is to get that script and see if it works for you .... then let me know what problems you have and just maybe I will be able to help with problems similar to the ones I had. There is a bit of hocus pocus involved in running shell scripts that I had no idea about .... once its copied to /bin (or wherever else you decide to put it) & renamed (mcopy abbreviates the name so you need to run mv ppp_sc~1.sh ppp_script.sh, then you need to run something like "chmod 777 ppp_script.sh" to make it workable ..... obviously you need to download it first (sounds like you have a windows internet box) and copy to the BSD box (or partition). Its MUCH easier to do that if you have a util!
ity called "mtools" installed (its in the packages collection on the FreeBSD CD-ROM) as you can use simple DOS commands (with "m" in front of them) ...... eg "mcopy A:\ppp_script.sh /bin" instead of having to figure out three lines of "mount" stuff

Best of luck  ..... that got mine working fine