Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:41:05 -0600
From:      Jie Gao <gaoj@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   xterm in X.org error with some locales?

Hi, all

I switched to Xorg on 5-CURRENT yesterday, following the steps in
/usr/ports/UPDATING and portupgraded everything. Everything works just
fine except one thing: xterm has some error on some particular locales.
The symptom is like this:

  # setenv LANG zh_CN.eucCN
  # xterm

After this, xterm's window only quickly flashed out and then
disappeared. I tried various locales, mainly zh_CN.* ones, finding that
zh_CN.eucCN, zh_CN.GB2312 and zh_CN.GBK all make xterm a splash.

I cannot tell what's wrong because I can find corresponding error
information nowhere. I checked console, /var/log/messages,
~/.xsession-error and /var/log/Xorg.0.log. None of them contain relevant
messages.

Any ideas and suggestions?