Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 1995 10:50:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help! :-( (fwd)

> > > Can you explain a little more about this system?  What's in the thing?
> > > I've never seen one of these:
> > > 	chip2 <DEC 21050 PCI-PCI bridge> rev 2 on pci0:11
> > > Before! :-)
>
> 	you can get details from the book _pci_system_architecture_ by
> tom shanley and don anderson, addison-wesley.  look at the chapter on
> "pci device configuration".

Or get the PCI Local Bus Specification; it is available from:

	PCI Special Interest Group
	M/S HF3-15A
	5200 N.E. Elam Young Parkway
	Hillsboro, Oregon  97124-6497
	(503) 696-2000

The full set includes

	PCI Local Bus Specification *
	PCI to PCI Bridge Architecture Specification *
	PCI Multimedia Design Guide
	PCI System Design Guide *

* Item marked with an asterisk are of particular interest.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.