Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:55:09 -0500
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot find my Linux partition

Hi,

I have in my kernel config:
options EXT2FS

On -STABLE, and on -CURRENT from a week ago, one my SCSI
drives looked like this:

/dev/da1s1 standard input:              x86 boot sector
/dev/da1s2 standard input:              x86 boot sector, extended partition table
/dev/da1s3 standard input:              empty
/dev/da1s4 standard input:              empty
/dev/da1s5 standard input:              x86 boot sector
/dev/da1s6 standard input:              Linux rev 0.0 ext2 filesystem data
/dev/da1s7 standard input:              x86 boot sector

I used to be able to mount my Linux partition with:
mount -r -t ext2fs /dev/da1s7 /linuxmount

I just cvsup'd and rebuilt kernel/world on -CURRENT today, and now
the same SCSI disk looks like:

for i in $(/bin/ls -1 /dev/da1*); do printf "$i $(file - < $i)\n"; done
/dev/da1 standard input:              x86 boot sector
/dev/da1s1 standard input:              x86 boot sector
/dev/da1s2 standard input:              x86 boot sector, extended partition table
/dev/da1s5 standard input:              x86 boot sector

da1s7 is no longer there, and I can't figure out how to mount
my Linux partition.
None of the combinations of:
mount -r -t ext2fs /dev/da1s[125] /linuxmount

works.

Any help appreciated.
--
Craig Rodrigues