Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:32:38 +0000
From:      Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        naddy@mips.inka.de
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/LEGAL

From: naddy@mips.inka.de (naddy@mips.inka.de)
>Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net> wrote:
>
>> Can we assume that this excerpt from ports/LEGAL no longer applies ?
>>
>> bzip-*                  ports/archivers/bzip    Some algorithms used may
>>                                                 infringe certain US patents.
>>                                                 Opinions differ. Commercial
>>                                                 use could render you liable
>>                                                 to unfriendly legal action.

>I may have missed something, but why do you think that this no
>longer applies?

Apologies for those trying to thread this by Reference:, but I missed the
reply (my ISP have half-broken my mail again, which is more annoying that
having it totally broken).

I thought it no longer applies since bzip2 is now in the base system, but
looking again I see that the above applies to bzip, and not bzip2.

My bad.

Ceri