Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:58:07 -0700
From:      "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>
To:        "Brett Glass" <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: NT vs Linux vs FreeBSD

	Regardless, two FreeBSD-3.2 machines running different 'distributions' are
probably going to be a lot more alike than two Linux-2.0.36 machines running
different distributions.

	My belief is that this is both a good thing and a bad thing. This is simply
another area where Linux and FreeBSD differ. Each operating system's
respective adovcates will be happy to sing the praises of their operating
system's respective choices and complain about other operating system's
choices.

	David Schwartz

Check your NTP server:
http://www.gpsclock.com/check.html

> FreeBSD isn't a "one-distribution" OS. To say so would be to gloss over
> the difference between the distributions that are available, and also
> to suggest that the OS was so unpopular as not to be worthy of multiple
> distributions.
[SNIP]