Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2012 18:00:15 GMT
From:      Stefano Marinelli <stefano@dragas.it>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/171355: FreeBSD 9.1rc1 (and 10-HEAD) not booting on HP Pavilion g6 2147sl

The following reply was made to PR amd64/171355; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Stefano Marinelli <stefano@dragas.it>
To: John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc: freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org,
 freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org,
 Alexander Motin <mav@freebsd.org>,
 re@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 19:50:12 +0200

 >> It seems to stop after USB recognition. But I guess it's already =
 finished>=20
 > with usb...
 >=20
 > Does 9.1 fail to recognize the on-board disk?  I've seen several =
 reports of=20
 > 9.1 failing to discover certain SSD's but working ok with spinning =
 disks on=20
 > IBM laptops where 9.0 worked fine.

 Mmm...actually, seeing the 9.0 boot order, it seems to hang exactly =
 before detecting the disk. And I've put a hybrid disk (Seagate Momentus =
 XT) on this machine...

 Stefano=