Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 07:40:55 -0700
From:      Anthony Hoelzle <pentium@cio.net>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   problems with samba

when I try to connect to the server through network neighborhood it
tells me "\\server is not accessible, the network is busy"

smbclient tells me no errors, ping works with ip or hostname (named
running fine), telnet works but is extremely slow, and ftp doesn't
work from windows-based ftp client/dos says connected to ip addr, but
nothing else (I think it's just timing out). Also, when I boot the
server, it hangs for about 2 minutes when starting the samba server, I
run smbd and nmbd separate from inetd. I don't think I'm forgetting
anything, but I have the gut feeling that I am.