Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:56:59 -0400
From:      Kurt Schafer <kschafer@cyberbeach.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS/NFS with 2.1.5-RELEASE ?

Just did an FTP install of 2.1.5, the installation process has thankfully
been enhanced. Good stuff !

Just experiencing some problems with NIS/NFS here. My existing network
consists of three 2.1-R machines and I'm trying to phase in this 2.1.5 box
to do some field testing.

I've set up the YP domainname in /etc/sysconfig and set the nis and nfs
flags to match those of the other clients in my network. (the 2.1.5 box will
be a client)

No errors seem evident upon reboot, a ps on the machine shows ypbind -s is
running, the /var/yp/[domainname] exists on the machine (although it is
empty) and nfsiod is also running.

However, I can't log in with any of the usernames from the master machine,
and none of the exports from the other machines are available for mount.

I suppose at 5am it is possible I'm missing something but ...

-Kurt