Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 1996 16:28:06 -0600
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        robert@elastica.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ghostview..

    Robert> Hi, it's been a while since I've used ghostscript and
    Robert> ghostview...  am I right in suggesting that ghostview
    Robert> doesn't use the same fonts as ghostscript?

Ghostview uses the same fonts as Ghostscript because Ghostview uses
Ghostscript to do its work ... all of the PostScript processing
happens with Ghostscript.  Ghostview just displays it nicely.

    Robert> For instance previewing the Hylafax documentation
    Robert> postscript in ghostscript is very clear and crisp but the
    Robert> fonts don't appear to be the same in ghostview.

Try using the magstep menu in Ghostview to adjust the magnification to
the same level that Ghostscript uses.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov