Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:28:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        Andrey Novikov <novikov@webclub.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fixed IP in DHCP

My book makes it sounds like MS clients cant change what they send for
identifier bu instead send the link layer address, but apple's open
transport and isc clients can set it to something else.

the line option is

option dchp-client-identifier 1:8:0:2b:4c:72:17;

(for 1: being eithernet and the rest the mac address) or

option dchp-client-identifier "joe's computer";

for self setup stuff.
So for joe you would say

host joe {
	option dhcp-client-identifier "Joe's computer";
	fixed-address 10.0.0.2;
}
to assign him 10.0.0.2