Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 02:57:12 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        fmorales@reuna.cl, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NEW USER OF FREEBSD

On Thu 1995-07-06 (20:07), Francisco Morales Iraagorri wrote:
> 1.- What does the acronim BSD means?

Berkeley Systems Distribution.

> 2.- Is the FREEBSD a project from GNU?

Nope.

> 3.- Is FREEBSD so easy to install like Linux?

Easier. (well, in my opinion)

> 4.- Does FREEBSD have so good performance and security level like Linux
> ?

Better.

> 5.- Does FREEBSD have releases in other languages like win95?

I don't know what you're asking here, really.  It doesn't run under Win95.

> 6.- Does FREEBSD have a similar structure like Linux,i.e does it have
> the same commands?

Yes.

> 7.- Does FREEBSD have a full documentation about
> installing&configurating system like LINUX?

Yes, included with the install, and also via the web.

> 8.- Does FREEBSD versions for other machines like DEC,MAC,HP?

x86 architecture only, for the most part.  There are Alpha and SPARC porting
projects, though.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner