Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 1997 17:32:38 +0100 (MET)
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
To:        Martin Bull <martin@ching.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: White Christmas

On Thu, 25 Dec 1997, Martin Bull wrote:

> We have nice weather here in Sunny south Australia

mmmh... Australia... one of the places I surely have to visit :-)

> > But wait, in our islands, Sicilia (Sicily) and Sardegna (Sardinia),
> > the temperature is 17 degrees C (63 F)!!!
>
> The temperature in Darwin is a little warmer 28 min 34 max and that
> applies as well in the outback beyond the black stump :-)

hehehe, but *you* are in the southern hemisphere

> > Imagine a swim with a pretty mermaid...
>
> What about a walk with a Jilleroo ?

Well, my dictionary says:
"jillaroo: (Aus) A woman who is learning to work on a sheep or
cattle farm".

In our mythology mermaids are beatiful women, so I suppose Jillaroos
are beautiful too ;-)

It makes me remember of an italian idiom, "andare in camporella".
The literal translation is _something_ like "to walk in a grass
field", but the real meaning refers to something much more pleasant
you can do in a grassland or under a tree with a jillaroo ... ;-)

> Martin

Marco