Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:30:00 +0200
From:      Joachim Strombergson <Joachim.Strombergson@emw.ericsson.se>
To:        Fabio Cesar Gozzo <fabio@iqm.unicamp.br>, "freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Dual PIII motherboard

Aloha!

Vallo Kallaste wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 05:39:32PM -0300, Fabio Cesar Gozzo <fabio@iqm.=
unicamp.br> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm planning to buy a dual PIII 550 Mhz and I am
> > looking for advices on manufacturer/model.
> > I've been using ASUS already, but I was browsing their home
> > pages and didn't find a dual board supporting 550 Mhz processors.
> > I found an Intel board, but I have seen people complaining
> > about the on board NCR SCSI.
> > Any suggestions ?
> > Thank you,
>=20
> How about Tyan S1837UANG "Thunderbolt" ? It's excellent board.

I bought the amazing ABIT BP6 Dual Celeron MB this saturday with two
Celeron 366 PPGAs. It runs several SETIs in FreeBSD SMP at home right
now. Also, I got it to boot and run for ~4 hours in 2*550MHz! In short:
Want a cheap SMP system that works with FreeBSD, get the ABIT BP6 and
some Celerons.

--=20
Med v=E4nlig h=E4lsning, Yours

Joachim Str=F6mbergson - Alltid i harmonisk sv=E4ngning
---------------- Ericsson Microwave Systems AB -----------------
Joachim Str=F6mbergson            http://www.ericsson.se/microwave
     ASIC System on Silicon engineer, nice to CUTE animals.   =20
* Opinions above, expressed or implicit, are strictly personal *
------------- Spamfodder: regeringen@regeringen.se -------------