Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:34:01 +0200
From:      Nico Meijer <nico.meijer@zonnet.nl>
To:        Eric Crist <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rack-Mount Server cases

Hi Eric,

> What do you prefer for a 2U rack mount server case?  I want to keep the
> cost down, but I want something that looks nice and is functional.

As much as I wonder how "something that looks nice" could be added to
the wishlist for a rackmount server, here's my two cents.

I've been using Chieftec's 1U cases for a while now. I'm sure there are
better cases around, but, in comparison to one el cheapo Mapower I laid
my hands on last year, they're rugged and offer great (exceptional?)
value for money. I'd buy a Chieftec 2U without blinking.

Also, due to pretty low costs, you could have a spare around.

> Also, a good UPS rack mount?

Sorry, can't help you there, other than that I've heard one UPS
professional mutter that APC's offerings are 'pieces of sh*t'.

HTH and good luck... Nico